Sunday, July 21, 2013

Stripping in Las Cruces

No, I'm not going to discuss strip clubs, not that I would know if any were in Cruces. Tomorrow seems like a good day to go on a trip to the strip on Main Street. Following the upsetting break up of my boyfriend and I, it seems like a good time to have fun. First, how about I tell you about my day, sans major trips?

Last night, my friend slept over (yes, we still do those kinds of things). Today we saw our mutual and long absent friend, George, at a popular park in town. I think for a desert climate, Las Cruces has some of the most beautiful parks I know. Lush, green, with lots of shade, Veteran's Park on Road Runner has a lot of memories for me. It's sort of tradition for my friends and I to meet there for get-together's because when a great friend of ours moved to Nebraska three years ago, this is where we said our goodbyes. I've seen a lot at this park: parties, sports practices for little kids, family outings. It has the most beautiful memorial for war veterans. There is a pathway to follow with placards honoring vets.

I'd still say that Young's Park and Wood Park are my favorites. Young's features this wonderful duck pond and tons of different events held there. The last time I was there, there was a protest on one side, and a Native-American Tribal dance ceremony on the other. Okay, so maybe a protest isn't everyone's thing (but it happens once in a while) and it's a big enough park that you won't notice it elsewhere. Wood Park, also large, is probably the best place to play hide-and-seek that I've ever seen. Once upon a time, though it is hard to believe, my friend set me up on a blind date after two guys had stood me up in a month. She made it a double date and, hilariously enough, he never showed up. So, the three of us, to offset my newly uncovered third-wheel-syndrome picked up some of her boyfriend's friends and played the kid's game there. No one found me for thirty minutes. Not to brag, but I'm good at not being found. (Please read my second blog post now if you haven't already to discover some truly great irony.)

So, about tomorrow. I'm thinking that besides hitting the strip, if we have time, maybe we'll tour a couple of museums. A little road runner told me that Las Cruces has a railroad museum, art museum, science museum, and I'm thinking several others. We'll see. That's all for today. Read up tomorrow! Might be a late post. Enjoy, readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment